Friday 31 March 2017

Some Thoughts of Being a Novice Blogger



So far, blogging encourages me to exercise my autonomy when creating the blog entries. For example, entry design, topic of interests, embedded content and so forth. The rationale behind is fundamental to the principle of inquiry-based learning, meaning ‘the forms of learning [are] driven by a process of inquiry’, but not the expectations from others (Healey, 2005). Through trial and error, it is likely that I can produce more meaningful and critical texts. On the evidence of Lowther et al. (2003), they discover the ideas and content, organization and writing styles in students’ compositions have enhanced when working on individual blog every day. Although this course has ended in Term 2, I guess I will continue to use it again later (probably as a kind of reflection on my professionalism in English language teaching)!

So far, I am quite positive in using blog. However, the format or style has kept making me feel desperate or frustrated. For example, I chose the font as black in color and normal size for normal fonts. Unfortunately, it seems that the robotic system could not detect my options and posted very differently when I look back to the already published post.


Reference:
Healey, M. (2005). Linking research and teaching exploring disciplinary spaces and the role of inquiry-based learning. Reshaping the University: New Relationships between Research, scholarship and Teaching, Open University Press.

Lowther, D. L., Ross, S. M., & Morrison, G. M. (2003). When each one has a one: The influences on teaching strategies and student achievement of using laptops in the classroom. Educational Technology Research and Development, 51(3), 23-44.

No comments:

Post a Comment